It has been an agonising wait for a jailbreak since Apple fixed several vulnerabilities used in the Pangu iOS 9 Jailbreak in iOS 9.1.
We finally have some news on the new iOS 9 jailbreak front. Luca Todesco aka @qwertyoruiop has just shows that he has successfully jailbroken iOS 9.3. He has posted a screenshot of Cydia running on his iPhone 6 running on iOS 9.3 beta 1.
Todesco also found Jailbreak for iOS 9.2.1 and Apple had credited him for security vulnerabilities that were fixed in iOS 9.2 update.
Here’s a snippet from the security related updates in iOS 9.2:
- GPUTools Framework
- Available for: iPhone 4S and later, iPod touch 5G and later, iPad 2 and later
- Impact: A malicious application may be able to execute arbitrary code with system privileges
- Description: Multiple path validation issues existed in Mobile Replayer. These were addressed through improved environment sanitization.
- CVE-2015-7069 : Luca Todesco (@qwertyoruiop)
- CVE-2015-7070 : Luca Todesco (@qwertyoruiop)
Unfortunately, Todesco has doesn’t share iOS 9.3 jailbreak details publicly, But there is a glimmer of hope as he has gone on to say that at least not “unless bugs are dead.”
iOS 9.3 beta 1 Jailbreak demonstration video
Meanwhile, as we had reported earlier both the Pangu and TaiG team are working on a jailbreak for iOS 9.2. So even though Todesco doesn’t plan to release a iOS 9.3 beta 1 jailbreak, we are still optimistic that a jailbreak will be released soon as we know that iOS 9.3 can be jailbroken. So we can hope (iOS 9.3 Jailbreak) iOS 9.3 Cydia download tool from reputed Jailbreak team like TaiG or PanGu.
Apple had seeded iOS 9.3 beta 1 to developers and public beta testers. It is not clear when Apple plans to release iOS 9.3 to the public, so we will probably have to wait for public iOS 9.3 to be released for a iOS 9.3 jailbreak.